WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DISTANCE EDUCATION AND FORMAL EDUCATION?
When we compare formal education and distance education; The course is taught in the classroom environment in the formal education. The courses are taught through the vir-tual classroom in the distance education. Homework-projects are given to students face to face to research in the formal education. Homework and projects are given through a system called (Learning Management Sys-tem) in the distance education. In order to evaluate students, midterm and year-end examinations are made face to face in the formal education. Examinations (in the form of project assignments) are carried out over the internet in the distance education.
FORMAL EDUCATION DISTANCE EDUCATION
TEHERE IS A PHYSCICAL CLASS IF THERE IS INTERNET EVERYWHERE IS CLASS
CURRICULUM SAME CURRICULUM
EXAM EXAM-ONLINE EXAM + PROJECT
FACULTY MEMBERS AND DUTIES FACULTY MEMBERS AND DUTIES
DIPLOMA SAME DIPLOMA
THERE IS TRAVEL OR ACCOMADATION EXPENSES NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMADATION EXPENSES
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM FORMAL EDUCATUON IS THAT THERE IS NO ANY PHYSICAL CLASS IN DISTANCE EDUCATION. THE EVERYTHING IS BACKING SAME.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM FOR-MAL EDUCATUON IS THAT THERE IS NO ANY PHYSICAL CLASS IN DISTANCE EDUCATION. THE EVERYTHING IS BACKING SAME.
AM I READY TO E -LEARNING?
• I can learn independently.
• I may be willing to learn by myself.
• I can adapt the plans in time.
• I am considered successful in terms of reading and listening.
• I have a basic level of computer skills.
• I can access information sources on the Internet.
• At home / at work, I have a computer connected to the Internet.
• I can use the Internet for communication purposes (e-mail, blog, etc.).
• I trust myself while communicating with people.
If you answered “yes” to the most of these questions, e-Learning is very suitable for you.
ARE THE OUR CURRICULUM SAME WITH FORMAL EDUCATION?
The curriculum is the same, but the content of the courses has been adapted according to the internet. Distance Education is a teaching method, but it is a modern education – teaching method which is made by using the latest technology with no difference from classical learning methods.
ARE THERE ANY STATUE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DIPLOMAS OF FOR-MAL AND DISTANCE EDUCATION?
There is no status difference between distance education diploma and formal education diploma. You are not obliged to attend to the university continuously as in formal educa-tion branches.
WHAT DISTANCE TRAINING IS NOT?
• Distance education is not a second-class instruction when it compared with formal edu-cation.
• Distance education is not a form of instruction that poor countries refer to. This system is primarily implemented by the richest and industrialized countries of the world.
WHAT ARE THE NECESSARY CONDITIONS/DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRA-TION TERM AND REGISTRATION?
In order to enroll in associate and undergraduate departments, it is required to have at least a bachelor’s degree in order to enroll in at least high school and graduate depart-ments.
The documents required for registration are as follows:
• Diplomas and transcripts,
• Photocopy of identity card,
• Certificate of residence,
• 4 pictures.
WHAT IS THE DISTANCE EDUCATION?
Distance education is a learning method that is an alternative to traditional learning methods. In this method, there are efficient programs developed for students. It is an in-stitutional educational activity where students, teachers and teaching materials in differ-ent places are brought together through communication technologies. Thus, the students who want to continue their education can easily continue their education by means of information technology without making any spatial changes.
HOW THE EXAMS CAN BE DONE?
Passing the class in Brussels Capital University is based on the concept of project, not exam. The student is given a project theme over the lessons he / she has taken in certain periods. These project assignments of student are subjected to grading. In this way, the student’s course success is determined. At the same time with this method, students are asked to provide concrete information on what they have learned.
WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGES OF BRUSSELS CAPITAL UNIVERSITY?
• Provides you with independent education from time and place.
• You will be able to receive training at any time, not determined by someone else.
• Allows the trainee to train at his / her own learning speed.
• Provides cost effective training. Inexpensive and high-quality education enables you to get rid of the cost of housing, transportation, eating and drinking.
•Provides the opportunity to choose the most appropriate program through academic and social counseling, guided by expert academicians.
• Unlike formal education, there is no such thing as missed lessons because of the limitless course of the missed course. It offers endless compensation.
• International accreditation and accreditation system to ensure you get a valid diploma all over the world.
•Provides the opportunity to start and finish the training at any time.
• By providing equality of opportunity contributes to social improvement as lifting of the walls.
• Ensures that all individuals enjoy equal access to education.
• It provides all the advantages of internet environment.
• Allows the information to be continually updated to provide better quality education.
• Provides faster and more effective feedback.
• Allows the opportunity to reach students who do not have the opportunity to learn face to face.
• Increases the quality of education as it is a more decentralized system.
• Ensures that education is sustainable by transferring education more easily and quickly because of the technological developments and possibilities provided.
• Ensures that individuals feel different educational needs and develop new possibilities when the current education system cannot meet them, enabling individual, independent learning and mass education.
• It allows new options to be created to eliminate disruptions in traditional education practices.
• Create new models that create educational opportunities for people outside the current education.
• Enables students and educators living in different countries of the world to communi-cate effectively
•It offers the opportunity to complete their education by providing comfort to students with psychological problems (e.g social phobia).
•Multimedia items and technological facilities enable students to stay learning with rich and easy-to-use content.
• Provides Masters and PhD degrees for managers who have not completed their educa-tion.
• It provides the possibility to start Master and PhD education for those who do not have ALES certificate.
• Offers Lifelong Learning opportunities.
• Provides opportunities for learning more permanently with Need-to-Know Learning.
• Provides more permanent learning opportunities with learning opportunities tailored to location and conditions.
DO YOU PROVIDE EDUCATION IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE?
Brussels Capital University offers Turkish and English education in Turkey. However, it is also our goal to provide training in different languages in the future with the changes in the training materials and the teaching staff.
HOW MANY YEARS OR TERM THE PERIOD OF STUDY CONTINUES
4 courses for undergraduate study programs at Brussels Capital University and 2 years for undergraduate and graduate programs. However, according to the performance of the work, these times can be reduced by almost half. This should be regarded as an addi-tional specialty of distance education.
IS THERE COMPULSORY ATTENDANCE?
There is no compulsory attendance at Brussels Capital University. Lessons can be worked at the desired time. Together with this, there is course pursuance; But the project is not given to the students for the unfinished courses. For this reason, it is very important for the student to study without disrupting their lessons.
WHAT ARE THE EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS?
The basic materials our students need are computer and internet connections. Through these basic materials, students follow courses taught by Brussels Capital University.
ARE THERE CLASS OR COURSE REPETITION?
The student has to make enough notes from the project he has prepared. As long as he cannot get enough notes, he will not be able to take the courses of the other semester. Therefore, in case of failure, the student will take the same lesson again and prepare the homework again.
DO YOU PRESENT THE POSSIBILITY OF EXEMPLARY TRANSITION FOR TWO-YEAR-OLD ALUMENTS?
Yes. The student can then be exempted from courses he / she has taken until that time and thus transition can be provided.
WILL MY BECHELOR’S DEGREE TAKEN FROM YOU BE ACCREDIATED BY FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES?
A diploma from our university is a diploma with international validity. This diploma is valid in the universities offering similar education abroad, and these universities can ap-ply for masters or doctoral programs. Applicants may or may not accept the application by examining the qualifications of the university students.
DO I POSSIBLE TO REGISTER TO THE MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMS DI-RECTLY?
If the applicant has a bachelor’s degree, he / she can apply to graduate programs. It is recommended that the graduate program of interest should be associated with the com-pleted undergraduate program.
DO I HAVE REGISTER TO BRUSSELS CAPITAL UNIVERSITY AS A SECOND UNIVERSITY?
Yes. In particular, people who finished any university undergraduate degree, so will be able to study in whatever branches they want and also can be continued their business life.
CAN I DELETE MY REGISTRATION WHENEVER I WANT?
The enrollment deletion process is possible as long as certain conditions are met. These conditions are expressly declared in the Brussels Capital University Registration Agree-ment and will also be explained to the students as detailed during the interview.
WHY BRUSSELS CAPITAL UNIVERSITY IS ECONOMIC?
In the distance education method, costs are reduced to a minimum. This is directly being reflected to students. In addition, BCU reduced its profit margins with a conscious choice. As BCU, our aim is to provide more favorable education opportunities those who could not studied in university due to social and economic reasons, or who are currently working but want to study in a license department of university. In addition, in the dis-tance education, the student is exempted from the costs expenses which are spent in for-mal education. For example, city change costs, accommodation costs and travel costs.
BRUSSELS CAPITAL ONLINE HIGHER EDUCATION MODEL
Intellectual foundations of Brussels Capital University were laid in 2002 in Belgium. As the online university brand of Brussels Capital Education Limited, which officially operates in Britain’s capital London, it currently offers online higher education services in different countries of the world (8 different countries) with the language and academic staff of that country. Students who get online higher education packages of Brussels Capital University can sometimes have face to face training by attending education seminars, supervision programs and workshops held by relevant representatives in their countries. As an online digital academic higher education platform, Brussels Capital University is accredited by numerous organizations but it is not subjected to central governments as a formal university neither in Britain, where its company headquarters is based, nor in other countries where it has representatives. Brussels Capital University contributes to scientific and social development by sponsoring many scientific congresses, conferences, promotion days, seminaries and activities of nongovernmental organizations in countries where it has representatives.
Essentially, Brussels Capital University aims to increase and facilitate to transform into online higher education of the future; also to pioneer technological developments and innovations in this field. Comparing online universities to universities providing formal education is basically a mistake. Because online systems are entirely digital education platforms based on technology which are not subjected to any central campus education system. Formal education is a fundamental need and it leads education based on experience. Off course, preference of the young generations in higher education must be formal education because formal education process enables serious social and psychological achievements to young individuals. Meanwhile, we want to point out that Brussels Capital University requests parent approval to register those under 25 years old to the system and that Brussels Capital University’s digital education models are ideal for the middle-aged and above. However, we all know how technology transforms the society rapidly. But it is not hard to predict that, in the future world, the share of formal education will decline and new digital integrated online education systems will have a much more say in education. Brussels Capital University invests in many technological systems to open up new horizons for digital online education systems of the future such as virtual campus, virtual library and multidimensional VR education. Brussels Capital University targets to make future generations meet with this system of digital online education models and advances rapidly in this direction.